Thursday, February 28, 2013

Wanna play "eye spy?"

So, our poor Molly had to have surgery on her ear.  This means that she has to have time to heal and her ear cannot flap around until it's healed.  Maybe 10 days?  So, we had to secure her ear to her head (that gets the creative juices flowing) and keep her from rubbing it all off.
 
The dog is completely traumatized, humiliated and down right weird.  She tries with all of her might to rub it off her head (can't blame her) and she also is desperate to hide.  She runs and darts to anything that screams "cover" to her and does everything to disappear.
 
I feel so bad for her.  She has pretty much had to be quarantined to our laundry room so that she won't rub off her newly acquired gear.  When she shakes her head, blood flies everywhere.  Needless to say, it hasn't been a fun process for any of us.
 
I let her out to go potty, THIS is where she decided to go.
Another day, after letting her back into the house, she ran around like a crazed woman.  I found  her several minutes later in our bedroom.  I guess since her head is hiding, she thinks we can't see her?  She slept here for 3 hours.
THIS is what the poor dog has to endure....plus a tad bit more duct tape.  The duct tape grows more and more each day.  Pathetic right?

No comments: